Thursday, August 19, 2010

Bronze Wedding Anniversary



Today is my Anniversary! For 8 years I have been married to the woman of my dreams.



It seems rare to hear a person speak about a relationship as a positive thing in their life. I hear plenty of people talking about their poor relationships. As I listen to stories of failed relationships I hear at work or from friends, I think how fortunate I am to have found Sara. My relationship is definitely a positive part of my life.

We met through a mutual group of climbing friends when I first moved to Missouri.



It is easy for me to understand my love for her within the confines of my head but to articulate my thoughts into writing is much more difficult. I look forward to going home. I miss her as soon as she leaves and don’t sleep well until her return. Just saying her name fills my heart with emotion. I was a scoundrel before meeting her and having her in my life makes me want to be a better person. She is a source of my strength and the motivation I use to push myself. I absolutely cannot imagine my life without her in it.

She is deeply compassionate towards all living things (including animals which I do not understand). She has a sarcastic wit that can always lift my spirits.

Below is the video from our wedding. It’s a little blurry at times but I think it does the job minus my cheesy narration. It was actually made before computer editing and digital video. I shot most of the video (with the help of a couple friends during the ceremony) on an old analog camcorder. I did the editing with two VCR’s, a CD player and microphone with an old audio mixer. We had a single copy on a VHS tape for years and then a couple years ago had it placed on a DVD.



Batiatus: How many men would you kill to hold your wife again?
Spartacus: I would kill them all.

1 comment: